One of Sweden's largest retail banks
Länsförsäkringar Bank is one of Sweden's largest banks. The strategy is based on the Länsförsäkringar Alliance's large customer base, a strong brand and local presence through the customer-owned regional insurance companies.
Banking services are offered primarily to the 3.9 million customers of the Länsförsäkringar Alliance. Customer contact takes placeduring personal meetings at 128 of the regional insurance companies' branches throughout Sweden and via digital services and telephone.
The aim is, based on low risk, to continue to drive growth in volumes and profitability, have the most satisfied customers and increase the share of customers who have both banking and insurance with Länsförsäkringar.
Länsförsäkringar Bank AB (publ)
Street address: Tegeluddsvägen 11-13
Postal address: SE-106 50 Stockholm
Telephone: +46 8 588 400 00
President Länsförsäkringar Bank AB
+46 8 588 414 37
+46 70 240 47 04
CFO Länsförsäkringar Bank AB
+46 8 588 412 51
+46 73 964 12 51
Investor Relations Länsförsäkringar Bank AB
+46 8 588 402 90
+46 72 310 00 80
January – June 2020
The period in brief, Group
- Operating profit declined 8% to SEK 876.4 M (957.8) and the return on equity amounted to 8.3% (9.8).
- Net interest income rose 7% to SEK 2,423 M (2,272).
- Operating income increased 10% to SEK 2,148 M (1,960).
- Operating expenses rose 11% to SEK 1,040 M (933.6).
- Due to the weaker macroeconomic outlook, additional loss allowances totalling SEK 154.6 M were made in the first and second quarters of 2020, of which SEK 127.6 M was attributable to Wasa Kredit.
- Credit losses amounted to SEK 232.2 M (69.0), net, corresponding to a credit loss level of 0.13% (0.04).
- Business volumes rose 8% to SEK 668.8 billion (616.6).
- Deposits rose 13% to SEK 131.1 billion (115.9). Lending increased 5% to SEK 317.50 billion (301.7).
- The Common Equity Tier 1 capital ratio for the Consolidated Situation amounted to 16.5% (15.8*) on 30 June 2020.
- The number of customers with Länsförsäkringar as their primary bank increased 7% to 572,000 (535,000).
Figures in parentheses pertain to the same period in 2019.
* Pertains to 31 March 2020.
|Financial calendar 2020|
Interim report Q1 2020
Interim report Q2 2020
Interim report Q3 2020
Standard & Poor's
- Long: A/Stable
- Short: A-1(K-1)
- Long: A1/Stable
- Short: P-1
2015 May Länsförsäkringar Bank's long-term credit rating was revised to A1/stable from A3/Stable outlook from Moody's. Short-term rating was revised to P-1 from P-2.
2013 June Länsförsäkringar Bank's long-term credit rating was revised to A3/stable from A2/negative outlook from Moody's. Short-term rating was revised to P-2 from P-1.
2011 October Länsförsäkringar Bank's long-term credit rating was revised to A2/negative from A/2stable outlook from Moody's.
2007 February Länsförsäkringar Bank upgraded from long-term A-/positive to A/stable and from short-term A-2 to A-1 from Standard & Poor's. Upgraded from long-term A3/stable to A2/stable and from short-term P-2 to P-1 from Moody's.
2006 January Länsförsäkringar Bank upgraded from long-term A-/stable to A-/positive from Standard & Poor's.
2004 May Länsförsäkringar Bank upgraded from BBB+/stable to A-/stable from Standard & Poor's. Graded long-term A3/stable and short-term P-2 from Moody's.
2002 July Länsförsäkringar Bank graded long-term BBB+/stable and short-term A-2 from Standard & Poor's.
In nominal values and excluding repurchase agreements, as per June 30, 2020
|Limit Nom||Outstanding Nom||Remaining average term|
|Medium Term Note||SEK 30 billion||SEK 21.9 billion||1.9 years|
|Domestic Commercial Paper||SEK 15 billion||SEK 0.8 billion||
|Euro Commercial Paper||EUR 1.5 billion||SEK 1.4 billion||0.1 years|
|Euro Medium Term Note||EUR 2 billion||SEK 17.4 billion||3.2 years|
|Total||SEK 41.6 billion||2.4 years|
Risks and Capital Adequacy
Länsförsäkringar Bank Group applies the Internal Ratings Based (IRB) approach. The advanced IRB approach is applied to all retail exposure and for counterparty exposures to corporates and the agricultural sector up to SEK 5 M.
The Foundation IRB Approach is applied for counterparty exposures to corporates and the agricultural sector above SEK 5 M. The Standardised Approach is applied to other exposures.
The bank is monitoring the Capital Requirements Directive CRD IV / CRR and assesses that the Bank Group has a solid basis on which to meet currently coming known requirements.
Bank Group, as of June 30, 2020
- Core Tier 1 capital amounted to SEK 15,207 M
- Core Tier 1 ratio was 14.2 percent
- Tier 1 capital was SEK 16,207 M
- Tier 1 ratio was 15.1 percent
- Capital base was SEK 18,797 M
- Total capital ratio was 17.5 percent
Consolidated situation, as of June 30, 2020
- Core Tier 1 capital amounted to SEK 20,650 M
- Core Tier 1 ratio was 16.5 percent
- Tier 1 capital was SEK 20,980 M
- Tier 1 ratio was 16.7 percent
- Capital base was SEK 21,750 M
- Total capital ratio was 17.4 percent
Risk & Capital Management Reports
- Risk and Capital Management 2019
- Risk and Capital Management 2018
- Risk and Capital Management 2017
- Risk and Capital Management 2016
- Risk and Capital Management 2015
- Risk and Capital Management 2014
- Risk and Capital Management 2013
- Risk and Capital Management 2012
- Risk and Capital Management 2011
- Risk and Capital Management 2010
- Risk and Capital Management 2009
- Risk and Capital Management 2008
- Risk and Capital Management 2007
Quarterly disclosure Own Funds
- June 30, 2020
March 31, 2020
- December 31, 2019
September 30, 2019
- June 30, 2019
- March 31, 2019
- December 31 2018
- September 30, 2018
- June 30, 2018
- March 31, 2018
- December 31, 2017
- September 30, 2017
- June 30, 2017
- March 31, 2017
- December 31, 2016
- September 30, 2016
- June 30, 2016
- March 31, 2016
- December 31, 2015
- September 30, 2015
- June 30, 2015
- March 31, 2015
Board of Directors
Members of the Board of Directors
- Fredrik Bergström born 1970, Acting President and CEO of Länsförsäkringar AB. Chairman since 2018.
- Per-Ove Bäckström born 1959, President of Länsförsäkringar Gävleborg. Board member since 2015.
- Anders Grånäs born 1966, President Dalarnas Försäkringsbolag. Board member since 2016.
- Ingrid Jansson born 1950. External member. Board member since 2013.
- Beatrice Kämpe Nikolausson born 1972, President Länsförsäkring Kronoberg. Board member since 2016.
- Peter Lindgren born 1959, Chairman of Länsförsäkringar Östgöta. Board member since 2016.
- Anna-Greta Lund born 1955, President Länsförsäkringar Södermanland. Board member since 2016.
- Mirek Swartz, born 1962, FTF. Member of the Board since 2015.
- Ellinoora Hoppe, Saco, Member of the Board since 2017.
- Camilla Lahger, born 1966, (Substitute). Member of the Board since 2018.
Members of the Executive Management
- Sven Eggefalk born 1969, President
- Anders Borgcrantz born 1961, CFO and President Länsförsäkringar Hypotek AB
- Gert Andersson born 1959, Head of Produkt & Process
- Susanne Calner born 1969, Head of President’s Office
- Bengt Clemedtson born 1964, Head of Business
- Eva Gottfridsdotter Nilsson born 1960, President of Länsförsäkringar Fondförvaltning AB
- Louise Lindgren born 1959, CRO
- Thomas Högväg born 1968, President Wasa Kredit
Tobias Ternstedt born 1972, Heaf of IT
- Fredrik Bergström (Chairman)
- Beatrice Kämpe Nikolausson
- Ingrid Jansson (Chairman)
- Fredrik Bergström
- Peter Lindgren
- Fredrik Bergström (Chairman)
- Per-Ove Bäckström
- Anna-Greta Lundh
Risk and Capital Committee
- Fredrik Bergström (Chairman)
- Anders Grånäs
- Anna-Greta Lundh
Code of Corporate Governance
Länsförsäkringar Bank AB's intention is to follow the Swedish Code of Corporate Governance (the Code) in the applicable parts, with consideration of the fact that the bank is not a stock market company.
Deviations from the provision of the Code
- Notice and holding of an Annual General Meeting. Deviation from the provisions of the Code with respect to the fact that the company is not a stock market company and has only one shareholder.
- Composition of Board of Directors. Deviation from the provisions of the Code occurs regarding independence of Board members and Committee members. According to the instruction for the Nomination
- Committee, the Board of Directors is to be appropriately composed with respect to Länsförsäkringar Bank's operations, stage of development and other circumstances, and be characterised by diversity and breadth in terms of the members' competencies, experience and background. It has been decided that these requirements can be fulfilled within the framework of the Länsförsäkringar Alliance.
- The mandate period for Board members is, as a general rule, two years. Deviation from the provisions of the Code of a maximum mandate period of one year due to the supremacy of the Annual General Meeting to dismiss and appoint a member irrespective of mandate period. A mandate period that is longer than one year contributes to ensuring continuity and establishing competence within the Board.
Länsförsäkringar Bank Corporate Governance Reports
- Corporate Governance 2018
- Corporate Governance 2017
- Corporate Governance 2016
- Corporate Governance 2015
- Corporate Governance 2014
- Corporate Governance 2013