About Länsförsäkringar Hypotek
One of Sweden’s largest mortgage institutions
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek is one of Sweden's largest mortgage institutions. The strategy is based on the Länsförsäkringar Alliance's large customer base, a strong brand and local presence through the customer-owned regional insurance companies.
Mortgages are primarily offered to the slightly more than 3.9 million customers of the Länsförsäkringar Alliance. Customer contact takes place during personal meetings at 128 of the regional insurance companies' branches throughout Sweden and via digital services and telephone.
The aim is, based on low risk, to continue to have growth in volumes and profitability, have the most satisfied customers and increase the share of customers who have both banking and insurance with Länsförsäkringar.
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek AB (publ)
Street address: Tegeluddsvägen 11-13
Postal address: SE-106 50 Stockholm
Telephone: +46 8 588 400 00
President, Länsförsäkringar Hypotek AB
+46 8 588 412 51
+46 73 96 412 51
CFO, Länsförsäkringar Bank AB
+46 8 588 412 79
+46 73 964 28 23
January – June 2022
The period in brief
- Operating profit declined 9% to SEK 636.7 M (696.2) and the return on equity amounted to 6.8% (8.1).
- Net interest declined 3% to SEK 1,343 M (1,380).
- Credit losses amounted to SEK –0,3 M (-3,2), net, corresponding to a credit loss level of –0.00% (-0.00).
- Lending increased 6,5% to SEK 286,7 billion (269,2).
- The Common Equity Tier 1 capital ratio amounted to 18.4% (17.8*) on 30 June 2022.
Figures in parentheses pertain to the same period in 2021.
* Pertains to 31 December 2021.
|Financial calendar 2021|
February 11, 2022
|Year-end report 2021|
March 14, 2022
|Annual report 2021|
July 21, 2022
|Q2 Report 2022|
In nominal values and excluding repurchase agreements, as of June 30, 2022.
|Limit Nom||Outstanding Nom||Remaining average term|
|Benchmark||Unlimited||SEK 173.5 billion||3.2 years|
|Medium Term Covered Note||SEK 30 billion||SEK 15.7 billion||3.1 years|
|Euro Medium Term Covered Note||EUR 6 billion||SEK 34.7 billion||3.3 years|
|Total||SEK 224.0 billion||3.3 years|
Current Rating – Covered Bonds
Long Term Credit Rating
- Standard & Poor's: AAA/Stable
- Moody's: Aaa
2007 May Länsförsäkringar Hypotek's covered bonds graded Aaa from Moody's.
2007 June Länsförsäkringar Hypotek's covered bonds graded AAA long-term and A-1 + short-term from Standard & Poor's.
Risks and Capital Adequacy
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek applies the Internal Ratings Based (IRB) approach. The Foundation IRB Approach is applied to household risk exposure and for counterparty exposures to corporates and the agricultural sector up to SEK 5 M.
The Foundation IRB Approach is applied for counterparty exposures to corporates and the agricultural sector above SEK 5 M. The Standardised Approach is applied to other exposures.
As of December 31, 2021
- Core Tier 1 and Tier 1 capital amounted to SEK 14,426 M
- Core Tier 1 and Tier 1 ratio was 17.8%
- Capital base amounted to SEK 14,426 M
- The total capital ratio 17.8%
Collateral comprises only private homes, including single-family homes, tenant-owned apartments and, to a marginal extent vacation homes. Lending only takes place in Sweden and the geographic distribution in Sweden is well-allocated. All lending is in SEK and all foreign currency is swapped to SEK.
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek gives information in accordance with the ECBC "The Covered Bond Label", a common standard for increased transparency in the European covered bond market.
Board of Directors
- Sven Eggefalk Chairman, born 1969. Board member since 2018.
- Anders Långström, born 1968. President of Länsförsäkringar Norrbotten. Board member since 2020.
- Göran Zakrisson, born 1953. External, board member since 2017.
- Magnus Olsson, born 1964, President Länsförsäkringar Jönköping. Board member since 2021.
- Jonas Rosman, born 1963. President Länsförsäkringar Skaraborg. Board member since 2021.
- Anders Borgcrantz born 1961, President