About Länsförsäkringar Hypotek
One of Sweden’s largest mortgage institutions
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek is one of Sweden's largest mortgage institutions. The strategy is based on the Länsförsäkringar Alliance's large customer base, a strong brand and local presence through the customer-owned regional insurance companies.
Mortgages are primarily offered to the slightly more than 3.9 million customers of the Länsförsäkringar Alliance. Customer contact takes place during personal meetings at 128 of the regional insurance companies' branches throughout Sweden and via digital services and telephone.
The aim is, based on low risk, to continue to have growth in volumes and profitability, have the most satisfied customers and increase the share of customers who have both banking and insurance with Länsförsäkringar.
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek AB (publ)
Street address: Tegeluddsvägen 11-13
Postal address: SE-106 50 Stockholm
Telephone: +46 8 588 400 00
President, Länsförsäkringar Hypotek AB
+46 8 588 412 51
+46 73 96 412 51
CFO, Länsförsäkringar Hypotek AB
+46 8 588 412 79
+46 73 964 28 23
Investor Relations Länsförsäkringar Bank AB
+46 8 588 402 90
+46 72 310 00 80
January – December 2020
The year in brief
- Operating profit increased 10% to SEK 1,348 M (1,229) and the return on equity strengthened to 8.2% (8.1).
- Net interest income rose 4% to SEK 2,612 M (2,522).
- Credit losses amounted to SEK 0.8 M (–0.9), net, corresponding to a credit loss level of 0.00% (–0.00).
- Lending increased 8% to SEK 259.5 billion (240.1).
Figures in parentheses pertain to the same period in 2019.
* Pertains to 30 September 2020.
|Financial calendar 2021|
March 15, 2021
|Annual report 2020|
April 29, 2021
July 21, 2021
October 27, 2021
In nominal values and excluding repurchase agreements, as of December 31, 2020.
|Limit Nom||Outstanding Nom||Remaining average term|
|Benchmark||Unlimited||SEK 141.4 billion||3.4 years|
|Medium Term Covered Note||SEK 30 billion||SEK 16.5 billion||3.8 years|
|Euro Medium Term Covered Note||EUR 6 billion||SEK 34.3 billion||3.3 years|
|Total||SEK 192.4 billion||3.3 years|
Current Rating – Covered Bonds
Long Term Credit Rating
- Standard & Poor's: AAA/Stable
- Moody's: Aaa
2007 May Länsförsäkringar Hypotek's covered bonds graded Aaa from Moody's.
2007 June Länsförsäkringar Hypotek's covered bonds graded AAA long-term and A-1 + short-term from Standard & Poor's.
Risks and Capital Adequacy
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek applies the Internal Ratings Based (IRB) approach. The Foundation IRB Approach is applied to household risk exposure and for counterparty exposures to corporates and the agricultural sector up to SEK 5 M.
The Foundation IRB Approach is applied for counterparty exposures to corporates and the agricultural sector above SEK 5 M. The Standardised Approach is applied to other exposures.
As of December 31, 2020
- Core Tier 1 and Tier 1 capital amounted to SEK 13,285 M
- Core Tier 1 and Tier 1 ratio was 18.4%
- Capital base amounted to SEK 13,734 M
- The total capital ratio 19.1%
Collateral comprises only private homes, including single-family homes, tenant-owned apartments and, to a marginal extent vacation homes. Lending only takes place in Sweden and the geographic distribution in Sweden is well-allocated. All lending is in SEK and all foreign currency is swapped to SEK.
Länsförsäkringar Hypotek gives information in accordance with the ECBC "The Covered Bond Label", a common standard for increased transparency in the European covered bond market.
Board of Directors
- Sven Eggefalk Chairman, born 1969. Board member since 2018.
- Christian Bille born 1962, President of Länsförsäkringar Halland and board member since 2010. Other Board appointments: Board member of Länsförsäkringar Bank AB and Länsförsäkringar Halland.
- Anders Långström, born 1968. President of Länsförsäkringar Norrbotten. Board member since 2020.
- Niklas Larsson, born 1970. President of Länsförsäkringar Göinge-Kristianstad. Board member since 2020.
- Göran Zakrisson, born 1953. External, board member since 2017.
- Anders Borgcrantz born 1961, President
- Martin Rydin born 1968, CFO