The market value is the price that a buyer is willing to pay. The market value is normally set by a professional property valuer who bases their assessment on a number of factors such as location, standard, whether it is a freehold property, etc.
Take out a mortgage
You can apply for a mortgage when you plan to buy a house, cooperative apartment or vacation home. A mortgage is also a good idea if you are planning to renovate a property you already own or want to move a loan you have with another bank to us.
What you need to take out a loan
You will need a Swedish personal identity number. The bank then checks your household's finances and calculates how much money you can borrow in order to maintain a functioning economy. When you are granted a loan with the bank, you also receive an account which your loan payments are drawn from.
We require security for your mortgage
This is arranged through a mortgage deed on your property.
A step-for-step guide to the process of looking for a property
A step-for-step guide which helps you to prepare for the purchase of a property
It is exciting to purchase a new property, even if there is a lot to think about. Here, we go through the steps that you can expect to experience in the event of a property purchase.
Step 1: Find a property
Think about how you want to live, which area you want to live in, and what is important for you and your family in a property. Make a rough calculation and see what your living costs will be. Then you will know what you can afford.
Remember to factor in costs such as electricity and property tax and remember to leave a margin for interest rate increases. Consider how much of the household budget can go towards the property – life is so much more than just a property.
About our mortgages
Provisions regarding our mortgages
- You can borrow up to 85 percent of the property's market value: 75 percent as a first mortgage and 10 percent as a second mortgage.
- The deposit is 15 percent of the property price.
- You can take advantage of a fixed interest rate on the loan for a period of anything from 3 months to 10 years.
Further information on mortgages
When you have a loan with us, you can view the current terms and conditions for your interest and amortisation via Mina sidor and in the mobile app. Here you can also opt for a fixed interest rate for a three-month contractual period or extend your loans when it is time. The only thing you will need is a BankID.
We offer mortgages in Swedish kronor (SEK). If you receive your salary in another currency, you need to be aware that this can entail an exchange rate risk for you.
Example calculation – mortgage repayment
- You purchase a property for SEK 1 million.
- The deposit is 15 percent, i.e, SEK 150 000, and you loan SEK 850 000.
- The amortisation is 2 percent of SEK 850 000, i.e, SEK 17 000 per year or SEK 1 417 per month (number of amortisation payments when choosing monthly amortisation: 360).
- If you follow the amortisation plan, you will have amortised SEK 510 000 over the duration, which is 30 years, and have a remaining debt of SEK 340 000.
Live comfortably after your property purchase
Our "Bo kvar" insurance protects you should the person you live with fall ill or die.
- The property insurance is valid from the first day and protects you if something should happen.
- It provides financial security for you and your family in the even of illness, unemployment or death.
Amortisation means paying off a loan by making incremental payments each month. This is known as amortising the loan.
Hjälpte det här svaret dig? 21 av 28 har fått hjälp av svaret
A second mortgage is a loan with a higher risk for the bank, which thus has a higher interest rate. When paying off the loan, it is therefore the second mortgage you'll be repaying first.
Hjälpte det här svaret dig? 9 av 17 har fått hjälp av svaret
When you go to look at a property, you need to have a loan commitment with you. The loan commitment shows how much you are entitled to borrow. It is calculated based on the household’s finances and is based on the assumption that all of the information you have submitted is correct and that you are able to repay the loan.
Hjälpte det här svaret dig? 61 av 72 har fått hjälp av svaret