When your cargo is damaged and if you need assistance with a survey, Länsförsäkringar has Average Agents world wide for your assistance.
Liability of carriers bailees or other third parties
It is the duty of the Assured and their Agents, in all cases, to take such measures as may be reasonable for the purpose of averting or minimising a loss and to ensure that all rights against Carriers, Bailees or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised.
In particular, the Assured or their Agents are required:
- to claim immediately in writing on the Carriers, Port Authorities or other Bailees for any missing packages
- to apply immediately for survey by Carriers' or other Bailees' Representatives if any loss or damage be apparent and claim in writing on the Carriers or other Bailees for any actual loss or damage found at such survey
- in no circumstances, except under written protest, to give clean receipts where goods are in doubtful condition
- to give notice in writing to the Carriers or other Bailees within 3 days of delivery if the loss or damage was not apparent at the time of taking delivery.
Instructions for survey
In the event of loss or damage which may involve a claim under this insurance, immediate notice of such loss or damage should be given either to the Average Agent mentioned in the policy or to underwriters directly. A survey report must be obtained in respect of any claim of importance.
Documentation of claims
To enable claims to be dealt with promptly, the Assured or their Agents are advised to submit all available supporting documents without delay, including when applicable:
Original policy or certificate of insurance.
- Original or copy of shipping invoices, together with shipping specification and/or weight notes.
- Original Bill of Landing and/or other contract of carriage.
- Survey report or other documentary evidence to show the extent of the loss or damage.
- Copies of correspondence exchanged with the Carriers and/or other Parties regarding their liability for the loss or damage.